1. You cannot directly access to the local files inside Google Colaboratory Notebook.
2. You can either upload directly to the Files Tab present on the left hand side of the notebook or upload it on google drive and then mount it.
3. The process to mount the drive and use files is as follows:
- You will see an authorization of connecting to Google Drive. Click on it.
- Now if you see you are in ./content directory by !pwd.
- Your files are located at ./MyDrive inside ./drive directory.
- You can change the directory as: cd drive/My\ Drive
- Now you can directly access to any files inside your notebook.