To convert categorical variables into numeric variables, we use dummy encoding (pd.get_dummies) for non-ordinal categorical variables and label encoding (LabelEncoder) for ordinal categorical variables.
Articles in this section
- Evaluation Metrics in Keras
- Covariance in Time Series
- How to merge two dataframes x_test and y_pred?
- What is pickling and unpickling?
- What is Hierarchical Clustering?
- Bottoms-up approach in Hierarchical Clustering
- Random Forest - Low bias and Low variance
- What is Euclidean And Manhattan distances in KNN?
- Is it possible to conclude over-fitting over train data only?
- Identification of biased train and test scores